Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Ironman Triathlon

My buddy Jeremy posted on my blog about the Ironman Triathlon held in Boise a few weeks ago. He got some great pictures of the racks and transition areas. There are even some action shots right there on my fitness blog at Maintain Fit.

I've never run a triathlon, but after the triathlon guest expert call with Jim Mishler focusing on everything triathlon (from a guy that as run over 170 triathlons and even been race director), I'm getting motivated to try it out.

The transitions and the "bricks" as Jim called them are two things that I'd never thought about before our teleconference. It's really interesting to hear about how difficult it is to go from biking to running, and I imagine that it just gets more difficult for longer distances. If you combine that with the problem of trying to find your rack in a sea of transition racks, I'm sure it can be a bit daunting.

Jeremy's triathlon write up is right on my site. You can see the rest of the details on my blog using this link.

Ironman Triathlon 70.3 Comes to Boise

He points out that the ironman triathlon course went from Lucky Peak Reservoir, continued near Sandy Point Beach and ended up with the bike/run transition in downtown Boise. If you were in the triathlon, stop by and post a comment at my blog, and CONGRATULATIONS!

No comments: